Frequently Asked Resident Questions

Where do I pay my taxes and licenses?

  • Most taxes are payable at the Inland Revenue located opposite the police station in the Valley.

What documents are required if I am applying for a passport?

  • Documents to be submitted may vary depending on the situation of the applicant and must be original.

  • Birth Certificate

  • Mother's Birth Certificate - If applicant was born after 31-Dec-1982 or born in St Kitts

  • Father's Birth Certificate

  • Naturalisation Certificate

  • Registration Certificate

  • Marriage Certificate

  • Parent's Marriage Certificate

  • 2 Passport size Photos

  • Old/Current Passport

What are the requirements for obtaining a marriage license?

  • Both persons come into the Court Registry two days (the latest) prior to the day of marriage to make application for a marriage licence,

  • Present both passports or birth certificate along with drivers licence or some other form of identification, (all passports should be valid)

  • If divorced, present original divorce documents (Decree Absolute) bearing a Seal of the Court of divorce. We also accept copies of the divorce documents but they must be Certified True copies and signed by a Registrar or Clerk of the Court of divorce,

  • Present a death certificate if one of the spouses from the previous marriage is deceased,

  • If parties are under the age of 18 consent must be presented,

  • Produce EC$100.00 or its equivalent of US$37.20 worth of Anguilla stamps, which can be obtained from the General Post Office in Anguilla,

  • Make a payment of EC$650.00 or its equivalent of US$241.80 which is the cost of the Marriage license.

  • European countries usually stipulate that an Apostile is attached to the Marriage certificate. (An Apostile is a standard certification attesting the validity of a document obtained in a foreign country). The cost of an Apostile is EC$150.00 / US$55.80 cash or by Travellers Cheques. The Apostile can be obtained at The Ministry of Finance in Anguilla.

I am visiting Anguilla, do I need to obtain an Anguilla Drivers licence?

  • All visitors with foreign driver's licences must purchase a temporary driving permit to drive locally for up to 6 months. The temporary permits cost $20.00 US or $53.76 EC and are available from the Inland Revenue Department or from most car rental agencies.

How can a foreign driver acquire a permanent anguilla driver's licence?

  • Persons must visit the Traffic department at the Valley Police Station to apply for the licence. If permission is granted the licence fee must be paid at the Inland Revenue Department.

What is the cost of an Anguilla Drivers licence?

  • The cost of a one year licence is $80.00 EC; and expires on the 31st December of the year purchased. A three year licence cost $200 EC and is valid for 3 years after the date of issue.

What is the garbage disposal schedule in the various zones?

  • View Waste Management Link

What activities are available for youths?

How do I get the new license plate that is now been issued?

  • Sunset Homes-Roaring Lions Youth Football Training Camp Held Every Saturday from 8:30am - 10:00am, Ronald Webster Park (Open Field Section) for children between the ages of 5 years and 13 years.

  • After School Programme: Tuesday-Friday 3:15 - 4:30pm. Reading,Games, Stories, Craft, movies to provide literacy skills at the public library.

  • Tennis Academy

  • Pony league soft ball

  • The license plates will be issued in the month corresponding to the last digit of the registration number.

Where do I collect any payments due to me by the Government?

  • Payments are collected at the Treasury Department located in the Secretariat building during the hours of 8 am to 12 noon and 1 pm to 2 pm.