The Edison L. Hughes Education & Library Complex
To provide contempary, comprehensive and integrated library, archives and information services relevant to the social, cultural, educational, business and informational needs of the community.
Membership is free. Visitors, however, must deposit
EC $ 25.00 or $US 10.00 to be refunded at their request provided that they have returned all the books borrowed.Children between five and eleven years old, must have their membership cards countersigned by a parent or guardian who will pledge responsibility for them.
- Books and Periodicals for home use
- Reference, Research and Information Services
- Use of Information Communication Technology
- Special Collections: Caribbean, National Heritage, Don Mitchell's Collection
- Audio-Visual material for group use
- Rotating boxes of books for primary school classrooms
- Exhibitions to mark national, regional and global events
- Photocopying services
- Community bulletin boards: print and electronic
- Internet Access (Hot Spot) $5.00 E.C per half hour
- Quarterly newsletter, 'Library Lingo', and other publications
- "Storytime" and "Storytime Live": on Saturdays at 10:30am. The weekly story hour programme is broadcast live on Radio Anguilla every other Saturday of the month.
- Book of the Week: in collaboration with the Department of Information & Broadcasting brief book reviews are publicized on Radio Anguilla.
- After School Programme: Tuesday-Friday 3:15 - 4:30pm. Reading, Games, Stories, Craft, movies to provide literacy skills.
- Children's Library Annual Summer Programme (CLASP).
Any questions or inquiries should be directed to the Anguilla Public Library:
Telephone: (264) 497 2441/5402/3408
Fax: (264) 497 2434