Anguilla Community College
Commensurate with qualifications and experience
March 06, 2017
March 31, 2017
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the post of Cashier at the Anguilla Community College (ACC).
1. Collect all cash on behalf of the College and issue receipts to customers.
2. Ensure the safety and security of cash collected for the College.
3. Prepare payment plans for students in accordance with approved procedures.
4. Complete end of day cash reconciliation for all cash received pursuant to the ACC’s Finance and Accounting Procedures.
5. Analyse students' accounts and discuss with students, parents and registry to resolve discrepancies.
6. Address queries and complaints from vendors, students and other customers.
7. Research and verify data on registration status, payment status and refund status.
8. Control Petty Cash for the College and Zenaida Cafe.
9. Assist with the following up of delinquent accounts for students and other vendors including Zenaida Café’s Accounts Receivable.
10. Assist with the reconciliation of the ACC's Accounts Receivable on a monthly basis.
11. Assist with the preparation of the Accounts Receivable statements.
12. Assist with Accounts Payable as needed.
13. File and maintain financial statements and other records.
14. Provide administrative support including copying of documents, sending emails and faxes, assisting with answering the telephone and answering students' queries.
15. Perform other related duties as assigned.
The Cashier should possess effective customer service skills, be competent in written and oral communication, comfortable in taking on responsibilities, able to prioritise, attentive to detail and to record keeping. The office holder should be knowledgeable of, and possess basic skills in office administration, basic accounting, secretarial and clerical services; the use of computer software for the office particularly MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher; telephone etiquette; and possess the capacity to maintain confidentiality, exercise discretion and professionalism in performing duties.
The desired knowledge, skills and abilities are normally obtained with the acquisition of a diploma or associate degree in finance together with three years experience in a similar or related job.
Deadline date for Applicants 31st March 2017
Please send your application with resumé, certified educational qualifications,three reference and police record to the:
Office of the President
The Rogers Office Building, Edwin Wallace Rey Drive, George Hill, AI-2640, Anguilla
Office Hours 8:30am to 4:30pm Monday to Friday